Wednesday, June 18, 2014

HeroesCon 2014!

HeroesCon starts Friday! Me and a carload of Athens and Atlanta folks will be coming up to Charlotte, NC to sell comics, artwork, and socialize with people we maybe see only once a year. Sure I like going to browse around the bins of beat-up 60's comics, cheap art books, sell comics and sketches, but mostly I enjoy meeting people and bouncing around from bar to hotel rooms talking with other cartoonists in the evenings. 

I will be driving up with Rich Tommaso, Joey Weiser, and Scott Dryman. FLUKE coordinator and the man behind wrestling's greatest zine The Atomic Elbow, Robert Newsome, will be driving into town late Friday night. Rich Tommaso will have his line of Recoil comics for sale, including Dry County #2 and my own comic, Cold Crew, both making their debut at the show. Joey Weiser will have his Mermin books available, with original art and commissions too. Newsome will not only have copies of The Atomic Elbow, but the two of us will be selling FLUKE t-shirts and FLUKE comic anthologies. 
I will have issues of Big Deal Comics & Stories #11, 12, 13 and 14 available. If you like ghost stories, romance, heartbreak, and anxiety, then these are the comics for you. 

Cold Crew will be making its debut at the show. This is a copy from an early test run. The final run will be slightly bigger, I think. It's a crime/horror comic rolled into one mean lil' story. 

There will also be a stack of original art for sale, mostly of black & white ink drawings of various monsters for ten bucks. In addition to these, I will be open to commissions through the weekend. For ten bucks, I will do a sketch of a character with one spot color, either in your sketchbook or a separate sheet of paper. I will be packing up a pint of india ink, brushes and pen nibs to ensure that whatever I draw looks good. I charge $10.00, but really I'm putting $12.00 of effort into it. If I'm feeling wild, then maybe it will be more like $14.75 of work. By Sunday and I have a lot of time on my hands, you might even get a $18.23 drawing for the bargain of $10.00 In any case, I hope you'll be happy.

See you this weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment